What is Sciatica?
Sciatica is a very common type of pain radiating along the sciatic nerve, which extends from the lower back down the back of each leg. Sciatica is caused by pressure on the nerve roots of the lower lumbar and lumbosacral spine. Sciatica typically affects only one side of the lower body and in some cases, the pain may extend to the foot or toes.
What Causes Sciatica?
- Spinal Stenosis (narrowing of the spinal canal in the lower back)
- Degenerative Disc Disease (breakdown of discs, which act as cushions between the vertebrae)
- Spondylolisthesis (a condition in which one vertebra slips forward over another one)
- Muscle spasm in the back or buttocks
What are the Symptoms of Sciatica?
- Lower back pain
- Pain in the buttocks or leg that is worse when sitting
- Hip pain
- Burning or tingling down the leg
- Weakness, numbness, or difficulty moving the leg or foot
- A shooting pain that makes it difficult to stand up
Renuva Can Help Sciatica.
In order to treat Sciatica with the appropriate treatment plan, it is important to identify and diagnose the cause. This is why medications, injections or surgery may not have worked in the past as they do not treat the cause of the pain.
The goals of non-surgical sciatica treatment are to relieve pain and any neurological symptoms caused by a compressed nerve root. If you suffer from Sciatica you owe it to yourself to schedule a Sciatica Evaluation to learn if you’re a candidate for Renuva’s CoreCare treatment for Sciatica. For most people, the good news is that Sciatica pain can heal within a few week.