What is Arthritis?
There are over 100 types of arthritis, each with varying causes, that create painful inflammation, swelling, reduced range of motion and stiffness in the joints. The two most common types of arthritis are osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
What is Osteoarthritis?
Osteoarthritis is the most common form of arthritis and is caused by general wear and tear in the joints. It can also be caused by joint injuries or strain on the joints from repetitive motion or obesity. Weight bearing joints like the spine, knees, hips and feet are the most likely place to develop osteoarthritis. Typically, it worsens with age.
What are Symptoms of Osteoarthritis?
- Deep, aching pain
- Trouble gripping things, bending or squatting or climbing stairs
- Morning stiffness for less than an hour
- Pain when walking
- Stiffness after resting
- Your joint may be:
- Warm to the touch
- Swollen and harder to move
- Unable to move through a full range of motion
What is Rheumatoid Arthritis?
Commonly referred to as “RA”, Rheumatoid Arthritis is an autoimmune disease in which the immune system attacks the joints causing inflammation. When not treated, RA can cause severe joint damage. It is unknown exactly When not treated, RA can cause medical professionals believe bacterial or viral infections may cause the immune system to become confused and start attacking the joints.
What are Symptoms of Rheumatoid Arthritis?
- Lumps or redness on the skin, often at joint areas like the knuckles, elbows or heels
- Pain, stiffness or swelling in the hands, wrist, elbows, shoulders, knees, ankles, feet and neck
- Symmetrical pattern, i.e. if the knuckles on the left hand are inflamed, the knuckles on the right hand are as well
- Joints feel warm to the touch
- Joint swelling does not go away
- Pain and stiffness starts in the morning and last for hours or most of the day
- Fatigue, Anemia or Malaise
How Does Renuva Treat Arthritis?
Many patients have been told that arthritis is just part of the natural aging process and there is little that can be done to treat it aside from medication. Renuva’s CoreCare protocol has helped patients find relief with non-surgical and drug-free treatments for chronic pain, such as arthritis. First, we have to understand the type of arthritis and underlying issues that may be contributing to the pain. Also, biomechanical or physiological conditions contributing to the pain must be identified and addressed in order to minimize arthritis symptoms and possibly prevent the development of arthritis in other parts of the body.